Monday, October 10, 2005

Is "IMONI" boiled taros?

The university campus festival have started today. But I didn't almost join it because I had to take part in a "IMONI" with my cram school student. Do you know IMONI? It is that we boil many kind of vegitables in a miso soup with a big pan in the open; taro, carrot, Japnese radish, leek, and so on... And then we eat them. "IMO" is potato, taro, sweet potapo and so on in Japanese. "NIRU" is verb in Japnese. This mean boil in English. "IMO-NI" is a word which combined these two words. In this case, especially IMO is taro.Today we boiled taro, carrot, Japanese radish, durdock, Chinese cabbage, and pork in the miso soup. In Sendai they use meat of pork and miso soup but in Yamagata they use beaf and soy sauce. And in my hometown Adachi we use both of case. Oh I'm getting hungry......

No comments: