Friday, October 13, 2006

argument about mushrooms


"How do they say shimeji in English?" my friend said to me.


"mmm..... shimeji mushrooms? maybe."

"Yesterday, when I explained a dish to my customer, I didn't know how I should do."


After all we weren't able to arrive at the conclusion.





If shimejis are only Japan or are eaten in only Japan, shimejis are shimeji mushrooms in English.

But, if not, shimeji must have a different called name.

So I studied them.


shimeji

They are written 湿地 in kanji , because they contain water a lot.

And because a lot of them grow in colonies a place-occupy the place, they are written 占地 as well.



Shimejis are not only in Japan but other countries.

But they are written shimeji mushrooms in English web sites.

So shimeji must be said shimeji mushrooms.







Ultimately, I have only to be able to eat good shimeji mushurooms.

No comments: